Bernice Three Column

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Scotties and the June Feline Adoption Event Was a Tremendous Success

This information was provided to me by Scotties® Facial Tissues. This is a compensated post.

The month of June is National Cat Adoption Month. To help get support feline adoptions, Scotties® Facial Tissues by Royale® supported three rescue organizations along the east coast in an effort to place select cats and kittens into loving permanent homes.


From June 1-7, 2017 was a big event for cat adoptions. In a big effort to sponsor feline adoptions, these three organizations each received $5,000 from Scotties: the Animal Protective Foundation in New York; The Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals in Massachusetts; and The Humane Society of Tampa Bay in Florida.


During this first week of June, because of the generous donation from Scotties, all fees associated with adopting a cat or kitten were waived that these participating locations. All adoptable felines were spayed or neutered, microchipped, screened for temperament, and were up to date on all shots and vaccinations.


From June 1st through the 7th during “Scotties Adoption Week," Scotties was hoping to rehome approximately 100 to 150 cats nationally, but is proud to say that in 2017 alone over 400 cats and kittens have gone into loving forever homes. What wonderful news!


Since 2014, Scotties has had an ongoing effort to increase the number of cats and kittens to go to good homes. In the past four years, Scotties has found homes for more than 700 cats and kittens. According to John Robertson, Scotties Marketing Director, "Here at Scotties, we are delighted to see this program in its fourth year. We take great pride in helping hundreds of cats find the loving forever homes they so desperately need."


Are you thinking of a cat as a pet? If so, I urge you to choose one from your local shelter. You won't regret it.

Scotties Facial Tissues are kitten-y soft! To keep up with the latest Scotties news, be sure to follow them on Facebook and Twitter.



5 comments:

  1. I never knew this!! From now on guess who will be purchasing Scotties ONLY!!!!! What a wonderful thing this corporation is doing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Pawsome! I wish more big companies would follow suit. Our cat, Tigress, my sons actually. My dog and Tigress didn't hit it off well. My son lives in my upstairs apt. Anyways, she came from a shelter, well my dog too. I guess Royale has a little more pull when it comes time for me to shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that you are having a success, we always adopt our kitties!!! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to Scotties for their Scotties Adoption Week. I think is a beautiful campaign that has helped so many cats. This is the cutest video. I love cats but my sons are allergic but my brother has one that he adopted. Thanks for sharing the video and the awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too! I just switched brands for sure!!! I not really that much of a cat person, but if the opportunity arose maybe I would be. hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive